Would you like to spend a stay in the middle of nature (7,000m2 of woods, 1,500m2 of garden) in an unusual place, surrounded by the natural beauty of the Beauraing region? The EcoLodge Le Grand Nichet is undoubtedly the ideal place to enjoy a timeless moment and to re-centre yourself in the fresh air while favouring a sustainable approach to life.
EcoLodge Le Grand Nichet is not just a commercial enterprise. The Ecolodge supports, invests and commits itself to sustainable, environmentally friendly approaches in-keeping with the spirit of the regeneration of our beautiful world.
Find out more about our current and future initiatives below:
The Ecolodge is a member of Natagora and embraces their goal to protect nature.
The Ecolodge is a member of the Royal Belgian Forestry Association.
The Ecolodge uses the solutions of Bokashi Compost Belgium to compost organic waste for the benefit of the surrounding nature (garden and woods).
The Ecolodge is engaged in a wood regeneration project to integrate new species and existing species that stimulate biodiversity and address climate change.
The Ecolodge has set up a Permaculture vegetable garden without the use of pesticides
The Ecolodge is in the process of studying a plot of "Forest Garden".
EcoLodge Le Grand Nichet consists of four main elements, forming a unique ensemble in the province of Namur.
The accommodation includes:
• a "Master Bedroom" with a king size bed (two persons) and an extra bed (one person),
• a room with a bunk bed (two persons),
• a fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, oven and stovetop, microwave, raclette grill, French press and percolator, dishes and cutlery, etc.),
• a living/dining room with an open fireplace (wood is offered free of charge), a five-seater sofa and a Chesterfield armchair,
• a bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet (first aid kit and hairdryer included),
• a completely private outdoor terrace,
• guides and maps for hiking,
• the necessary COVID-19 equipment (masks and hand sanitiser).
The 1,500 m2 yard is completely private and free to use. It has a vegetable garden, a pétanque court, outdoor games for children and a fire pit.
The treehouse ("Stargazer")
La cabane dans les arbres permet un véritable moment de bonheur et de nostalgie pour petits et grands. D’une superficie de 6 m2, la cabane, également nommée « Stargazer » (contemplation des étoiles), offre la possibilité d’y loger grâce à deux banquettes
rétractables, l’éclairage et surtout… un toit avec fenêtres pour s’endormir en admirant le ciel étoilé !
The 7,000 m2 forest invites you to take a stroll or build a fort with the children. There are no constraints or restrictions on its use, allowing you to discover the pleasure and beauty of nature without having to take the car.